[DIY] Fix a Riviera & Bar Kettle
I own a Riviera&Bar Kettle model
QD 658 A.
It’s been working for years, but recently it started to go crazy.
It would start heating to 100┬░C by itself as if a ghost pressed the button.
This article explains how to fix this.
- The problem is caused by water that leaked in the top of the handle, where the control panel is.
- This leak comes from the two holes on the top of the handle, where the screws are.
- Water will enter the holes only if you fill the kettle over the “max” sign.
Things to know:
- The fix consists in cleaning the control panel for the water and rust.
- To prevent the leak for happening again, I recommend filling the holes with silicon grease
- There is only one tricky part, that is removing the “metal” cap on the handle.
- There are only two screws that hold this cap, then you have to push and pull firmly.
- You don’t need to cut any of the zip ties :-)